May 26, 2009

I'm back!

Sometimes we need to stop and smell the flowers.

And well, that's exactly what I've been doing. A co-worker turned friend told me that kids grow up so fast that if you don't stop and enjoy it, you might miss it. She said she almost missed it with her second and fully got to enjoy it with her third.

Well, that's what I've been doing. And frankly, this has been the best time of my entire life.

At 8 months old, Oliver has grown leaps and bounds. He is inch-worming across the floor, babbling his brains out and this past Sunday he figured out how to get himself into a sitting position. I know it sounds cheesy, but watching a baby grow up is nothing short of a miracle.

I love him so much I miss him when he naps.

Blah, blah, blah you say. Everyone who has a baby feels the same way... Well, I realize this.

When I see other Mama's in the park ooo-ing and ahh-ing over their baby's every move, half of me gets annoyed because Oliver is so obviously the best child in the park, but the other half knows I'm sharing this precious time with a world of women who are all rich in pearls of wisdom.

So, in the name of women, I say keep on raising those kiddies and gushing. And enjoy watching them flowers grow.

8 comments:

  1. I have so tried to enjoy every moment with my kids. And they do grow up incredibly fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yes. Stop and smell those flowers....what's going on with that miracle of yours is waaayyyy more interesting than most of what's going on here. :-)

    So many bloggers I know are working to find the balance....but all the while making sure to try and be a little more generous to the side of our lives where our kids are....

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always want to feel like I enjoyed there infancy and childhood as much as humanly possible-- it goes way too fast.

    Oliver is looking so big!!! He's such a cutie pie. Glad you're back- I missed seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back. And he is obviously better than all the other kids, but take it easy on them - they'll have to deal with that for the rest of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oliver is a cutie. Sad how the other moms think that their babies are cute, isn't it?

    Welcome back! Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Oh how do I miss those days with my kids. They grow up soooo fast. My oldest is 9 and it's really scary! My youngest is 2 and my heart aches knowing that he wont be little for much longer. He is turning into a little boy right before my eyes and it makes me so sad! You have to enhoy every moment with them cuz before you know it they're graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take your time Mama - you will be so glad you did! xoxo K

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJune 18, 2009

    Aww he looks so much more grown up now! Like a tiny man, not a baby! I was catching up on your blogs (I've been gone too) and I was hoping I would find an updated pic of Oliver! Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!
Don't be shy!

xoxo, Mama Smores