Feb 10, 2009

Waking up is hard to do...

I am not a morning person. You see, I love, love, love, to sleep.

In fact, sleeping is one area of my life I have achieved rock star status in.

Growing up, I would be in bed by 10pm and could easily sleep until noon. College, forget it. I didn't even think about scheduling a class before 10am and on weekends I could sleep until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. 

Sleep is good for your skin, good for stress, and good for your waistline.

Well, since having Oliver I have risen every morning at 6:45 am Monday through Monday. I won't lie, the first couple of months were rough. Really rough. Waking was nothing short of painful. However at about 3 months it became clear that Mr. Oliver had inherited my sleeping gene. He's a great little sleeper and I thank god every night when we put him down at 8 and he rises like clockwork at 6:45 am the next morning.  

The funny thing is every day, 6:45 am to 7 am has become my most favorite time of day. It is during those 15 minutes that Oliver lays in his crib and talks to himself. The noises he makes are beyond precious and I sit there and listen and thank god for everything I have.

I am forever a morning person- no coffee needed - just my Oliver.

5 comments:

  1. It is awesome when they little ones wake up peacefully with out the terror scream that I've gotten so used to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when they wake up happy! My "baby" the 2 year old will sit in his crib in the morning and play and talk up a storm. The hubby and I just lay there listening to him and just giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That is an adorable picture. I always used to sleep late too but when having a child that all changed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet. It is great to find a new "simple pleasure" in life. Even if your eyes half shut. :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm enjoying reading yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post. I love that Oliver has changed your whole outlook.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!
Don't be shy!

xoxo, Mama Smores